Tuesday, February 24, 2015

The 2015 ACDA National Conference Post Four



Hi all,

I'm sitting in the Phoenix Airport waiting for my connecting flight to Salt Lake City. When I left Chicago at  #%*#* 4:45 A.M. it was about 5 degrees out- here it's 70 and I see palm trees outside!

I thought I would share a few of my blogs again from the 2013 conference in Dallas. I hope you may want to read them. I will also try to blog during and/or after the conference in Salt Lick City. I do expect this conference to be amazing. However, it won't be able to rival Miami 2007 in a few areas:

1) mojitos and Cuban food
2) clothing optional beaches
3) almost naked guy parading around South Beach with his thirty-foot long albino boa constrictor wrapped around his body
4) spring break kids really drunk, then passed out all over our hotel lobby (amateurs!)

Oh, and I made a miscalculation on my FB post just before leaving Chicago this morning. I posted that I was sitting there in my seat on Frontier Airlines (Frontier, the other F-word) and a slender man took the seat next to me, thinking that was a plus. It turned out he was as wiggly as a three-year-old. Oh well, better a wiggly, slender, man than this guy:




Anyway, here are some of the posts from 2103 in Dallas, an awesome conference in so many ways. Of course one of the highlights was the Britten War Requiem.

Here are some performance reviews, especially choirs from the Pacific Northwest:

And here is info from my interest session on new trends in e-publishing by swaggy composers. Lot of resources in here, if you are interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment