Saturday, January 15, 2011

Seraphic Fire- Random Act of Culture!











Please read and enjoy this news article relayed to me by James Bass, an amazing young conductor who I have known since his first days directing at Western Michigan University. James caught my attention when he was bright-eyed and bushy-tailed at 8 AM discussing fine points of advanced music theory with some people at a nearby table at a Michigan ACDA event, while I was still just trying to get caffeine into my tired soul and wake up!


Dr. James Bass










James studied with Mike Scheibe at University of Miami and now teaches at the University of South Florida and is also a member of Seraphic Fire. I believe he often sings with Conspirare too-in other words, he is one of those great young professional singers who can read like a maniac and loves to sing on an extremely high level with other young American choral singers with similar talents.

Here is the story link:

http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/01/11/2014888_surprise-serenade-courtesy-of.html#storylink=addthis

No comments:

Post a Comment