Tuesday, January 25, 2011

More ideas from other folks about competitions

Interesting further discussion about the appropriateness of entry fees and composition competitions. This came up recently with Octarium and their director Krista Lang Blackwood, and the discussion continues with Grant Charles Chaput's blog linked below, where he tends to disagree with the thought processes of Krista, myself, and Paul Crabtree. That's fine with me, I think it's great we are having this discussion and that people are reading about it and having a response to it!

As you read Chaput's blog you'll find easy links to the related blogposts by me, Krista, and also Eric Whitacre chiming in.


http://killingclassicalmusic.com/

1 comment:

  1. Thanks a lot for link to my post here, Paul. Very kind!

    This conversation has been good for me so far. It's got me thinking of ways to develop better competitions.

    Best,
    Grant

    ReplyDelete